GoGosqueeZ has supported Fit Kids Playground by offering all who attend our events a healthy snack! I have come to LOVE GoGosqueeZ products and have begun to experiment with them in other ways than just in my kids’ lunch boxes!
So this past weekend I attended a Pinterest Party and thought about what I could bring! My kids had been begging me to bake cookies and then it came to me! I always use applesauce in my baking! I wondered if others knew my trick too!
So here was the recipe that I created! Since it was so close to fall (my favorite time of the year), anything spiced sounded wonderful! So here is the recipe to the cookies I made! I love using applesauce in stead of oil in most of my baking! Makes me feel better about the treats I’m craving! Remember…everything in moderation!
Spice Cake Cookies with Cheesecake Frosting
For the cookies
1 box spice cake
2 pouches of GoGOsqueeZ AppleApple
2 tablespoons flour
2 large eggs
1 tsp. vanilla extract
For the Cheesecake Frosting
8oz cream cheese at room temp
1 cup powered sugar
1 tsp vanilla extract
Directions for Cheesecake Frosting
1. Mix ingredients until smooth.
2. Put mixture into a plastic bag.
3. Cut a small corner in order to decorate the cookies once the cookies are cooled.
1. To make the cookies, combine the cake mix and the flour. In another bowl, mix the remaining ingredients. Combine the two bowls together.
Mix until smooth.
2. Pre-heat the oven to 350 degrees F. Spray the pan with non-stick cooking spray. Place a spoonfull 1 inch a part and fill the sheet. Bake for 6 minutes. Once done, place on a baking rack to cool.
3. Decorate with the Cheesecake frosting as desired!
4. Serve and enjoy!